Kisaragi Station: Part I

Note: I'm not the author of this story. I've translated it from the original Japanese into English. Please do NOT copy and paste it somewhere else on the web without my permission.Thank you for your cooperation.

This is a 2 channel log of an incident that took place back in 2004.

It is a long post so I divided it up in TWO PARTS.

Please click the link at the bottom to go on to the 2nd half of the post.

*******************************************************

98:Anonymous behind you*1:  sage*2 04/01/08 23:14
Maybe it's only my imagination but can I say something?

99:Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:16
Sure, go ahead.

100:Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:18
>>98
What's happening?

101:Anonymous behind you :sage 04/01/08 23:18
I've been on a private railroad train but something is wrong.

104:Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:19
alright.

107:Anonymous behind you: sage04/01/08 23:23
The train is the one I always use but for the past 20 minutes it hasn't stopped at any stations. Usually it stops every five mintues or, every 7 or 8 minutes at longest, but it hasn't stopped at all. There are 5 other passengers in my car but everyone is sleeping.

108:Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:23
You haven't got off the car already, have you?

111:Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:25
Isn't it about a difference between a limited express train and a normal train?

112:Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:25
>>107
a special rapid express train?

114: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:29
Maybe you are right. I might have got on a wrong train. I'll wait and see for a bit longer. If I notice some other strange things I'll post again.

115: Anonymous behind you: 04/01/08 23:35
why don't you go to the car at the end of the train and see the conductor.

116: Anonymous behind you: 04/01/08 23:40
What if the conductor is having a epileptic fit it will be a disater! Go have a look at the conductor's compartment at once!

118: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/08 23:44
It's showing no sign of stopping yet so I'll go have a look.

126: Anonymous: sage 04/01/09 00:00
There was a blind drawn over the window and I couldn't see any conductor or operator. The line is a Shizuoka*3 private line.

131: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:02
>>126
Why don't you tap on the window?

137: Hasumi  ◆KkRQjKFCDs*4: sage 04/01/09 00:08
I knocked on the window but there was no response.

146:Anonymous behind you:04/01/09 00:13
Can't you see something from the windows?
like the names of the stations it's gone past?

153: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:23
It's slowed down since it's come out of the tunnel. Usually there are no tunnels along the line. It's a train from Shin Hama Matsu*5.

156: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:23
it's stopping i think it's a station.

157: Anonymous behind you:  sage 04/01/09 00:24
you are not getting off there are you?

160: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:25
the train is now stopping at Kisaragi station. Should I get off?  I've never seen or heard of this staion before.

161: Anonymous behind you: 04/01/09 00:26
>>Hasumi
what time did you catch the train?

162: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:26
yeah come on get off.

165: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:28
please stay on the train until the final stop.

166: Anonymous behind you:  sage 04/01/09 00:29
it must have already left the station by now anyway.

167: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:29
i've got off. I see no one in the station. I think i caught the 11:40 train.

168: Machida Bodyguards ◆VbT745avmg: sage 04/01/09 00:30
I've searched for "Kisaragi station" on the web but nothing has come up.
but Hasumi's train was running non-stop for over an hour?
well, off to bath.

170: Anonymous behind you: 04/01/09 00:32
No search results for Kisaragi station...

176: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:34
i want to go back to the station i've originally come from but i can't find a timetable. the train is still stopping so maybe i should get back on it again? oh but the train left as i was writing this.

181: Anonymous behind you:  sage 04/01/09 00:36
Are there any buildings near you which might have some people inside?
It's cold out there so take care.

182: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:36
i'll go outside the station and try to pick up a taxi. thank you very much.

183: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:36
you better do that.
take care

185: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:39
what with the last train gone and an empty station,
i think you'll have hard time finding a taxi.

186: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:41
and Hasumi became a resident of the two-dimensional world

187: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:41
not only are there no taxis, there is nothing around the station.
what now

190: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:43
>>187
Find a station staff or go to the nearest police box! *6

191: Anonymous: sage 04/01/09 00:43
Call 110? *7

193: Anonymous behind you: 04/01/09 00:43
call a taxi company?

194: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:43
you have no choice now but go to K*8

195: Anonymous behind you: 04/01/09 00:44
If theres a telephone box near you, find a taxi company in the yellow pages and call.

204:Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:48
i called my parents and asked them to come pick me up but they also have no idea where Kisaragi station is. they said they'll look it up on the map first and then come find me, but i'm getting scared now.

209: Anonymous behind you:  sage 04/01/09 00:50
What's happened to the others?
Are you the only one who got off?

213: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:52
>>Hasumi san
I also searched on the net but found no stations by the name of Kisaragi.
You're certain that you're around Shin Hama Matsu, right?
I'll try searching on Yahoo.

214: Hasumi  ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 00:53
i tried to find a pay phone but i cant find it. the others didnt get off so i'm all on my own. theres no mistake about the station's name being Kisaragi

217: Anonymous behind you: 04/01/09 00:56
sometimes a pay phone can be found on the outer edge of the station

218: Anonymous behind you:   sage 04/01/09 00:56
are you a game freak? i googled it and it came up with games

220: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 00:57
Why don't you get out of the station and see what happens?

221: Anonymous behind you:  sage 04/01/09 00:57
I searched a bit
and found out you could write "鬌(oni)" *9 and pronounce it Kisaragi....

223: Mobile Man: sage 04/01/09 00:59
Post the names of the stations before and after Kisaragi Station.
You must be able to see them.

225: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:00
>>221
Oni-Station....?
thats sooo creepy

229: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 01:01
what games? there are no sign boards showing the stations before or after this

249: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:08
Keep walking along the track and you'll get home.

256: Anonymous behind you:  sage 04/01/09 01:11
If you start running now you may be able to catch the train that's just left!

258: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:11
Surely there are some houses around the station.

259: Hasumi ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 01:12
yes, that didn't come to my mind before because i've been too panicky.  i'll start walking along the track while i wait for my parents to call me. i checked my location on i-mode's*10 town information just now but all it showed was point-something-error. i really want to go home.

261: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:12
>>257
Troll or no, I'm determined to tackle this seriously until we find a solution.

280: Hasumi  ◆KkRQjKFCDs: sage 04/01/09 01:18
theres really nothing around the station. all i can see are some grassland and mountains. but i guess i'll be able to go home if i keep walking along the track so i'll do that. thank you very much. i don mind if you think this is a troll but can i consult you again if i have some problems? 

283: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:18
>>280
sure
just be careful.

285:Machida Bodyguards ◆VbT745avmg: sage 04/01/09 01:19
Yeah sure
Be careful with your battery though. That's your lifeline now.

286: Anonymous behind you sage 04/01/09 01:19
>>280
Don't get mixed up with the directions.
And be careful when you are inside the tunnel.

296: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:22
can you get a mobile signal in the area where there are no buildings?
I think you shouldn't move from the station....

303: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:24
a cold night, alone in an empty station
the lights too might go out soon and she might find herself in complete darkness...

304: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:25
it can't get darker in the tunnel. she's gonna go into the tunnel now, isn't she?

305: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:25
it would have been better if she'd just stayed in the station and waited for the daybreak...

308: Anonymous behind you: sage 04/01/09 01:26
she's screwed up


CLICK HERE to read the SECOND PART of the story.



*******************************************************

Note:
*1 On 2chan if you don't enter your name in the name field it automatically comes out as "Anonymous." Each board uses a distinctive variation on the standard "Anonymous," and as you can see this particular board uses "Anonymous behind you."
*2 Sage - "to lower" or "not bump" in Japanese. Usually if you reply to a post the whole board gets raised to the top but if you enter "sage" in the email field it apprently keeps the board from going up (I'm not a 2chan user so this is the best I can explain).
*3 Shizuoka (静岡) - a prefecture of Japan. Shizu means "silent" and oka menas "hill". Yes, this is where the famous horror game series takes its title from.
*4 These letters with ◆ in between are called "Trip." It is an impersonator prevention system. The system gets activated by entering a name and a series of password (only known to the poster) into the name field. So we are certain that all the posts named "Hasumi" are from the same person.
*5 Shin Hama Matsu (新浜束)- a station in Hama Matsu City in Shizuoka.
*6 Police Box (亀番 koban, pictured above) - a small police station. You can usually find one near a railway station.
*7 110 - the Japanese emergency telephone number.
*8 K - sorry but I have no idea what he means by this. Maybe he means she should go back to Kisaragi station I found out K is short for "Keisatsu (譊察)," meanig "the police" in Japanese.
*9 Oni (鬌) (picutred right)- a demonic creature in Japanese folklore. Some of them have full-time jobs in Hell.
*10 i-mode - a popular mobile internet service in Japan.

**************************************************************

Comments

æžš said…
わあ、結構面癜かったですね。䌊䜐貫ずきさらぎ駅に぀いおもっず聞きたいです。「行く」ず「逝く」ずの違いを教えおくれおありがずう。倜に䞀人でトンネルを歩くなんお、すごく怖いです。
Anonymous said…
Is this really for real? O.o
♡Princess♡ said…
That's so sad. (;A;)
Did she survive or not?
She made so many wrong choices...
I think that train was a death train/spirit train.

on the plus side I found your storeroom which I am sure to haunt!
Teehehee~♥
Mimi said…
I like this story a lot! :D
Luna said…
I actually feel rather sad at the end of the story :/ Sigh but I do like the story, thanks for posting!
Anonymous said…
Will her fate be different if she didn't get off of the train?
Unknown said…
i was wondering.. if she...(Hasumi) was in another dimension... how come can she contact people in our world? now i'm really curious about that kisaragi station.. and that higa place..
ayakashi said…
This is weird because a few weeks ago I had a weird train experience. I live in NYC, and it was night, I think around 10? And I had to take the subway back to my apartment from Times Square. But on the express line there was one train that had been sitting there for about five minutes or so. Trains usually wait around a minute. I got on and it was one of the older trains, and if I remember correctly the R line uses newer trains...

The train is completely empty. On a Saturday night, at 10? Impossible. Another man gets on with me and he seems equally confused. The train waits another two minutes and then something unintelligible comes over the intercom. I look around and the display for the line letter seems to be broken or something...? It looks like the letter "N" but it keeps flickering. This is the R line, not the N...

The train leaves and there's some screeching outside. It sounds like the train is braking the whole time...the trains are noisy but this is exceptional. We arrive at the next stop which is OFF THE EXPRESS LINE. Mostly empty, a few people milling around. Something garbled comes over the intercom. "Last stop...returning to Queens" or something like that. I got off, and I noticed that the track it was running on was an Uptown Q line, local. How is that possible...? I got on a downtown R express. I had come downtown, so how was I getting off an uptown train.

It's very strange. I wonder what would have happened if I stayed on.
ayakashi said…
Oh and advance apologies for multipost but how did the folks at 2ch find out that "Hasumi" post-battery death was a fake? If she has the same triptag she must be the OP unless someone was determined enough to hack it.
ayakashi said…
Last post now, I promise.
I did a bit of digging and somebody commented on a copy of the thread with the name はすみ. I can't really tell what they're saying though as my Japanese isn't good enough. But...it looks like they're claiming they waited 7 years or something and are back? I can't tell if the writing style matches.

あの、信じおくれないず思いたすが。
幎立った、今、普通の䞖界に戻れたした。

垰ったあず色々あり。
返事するこずができなかったのですが;

なんか気にしおくれおいる人もいたので

あのあず、運転手が車を止めたした。
暗い森のなかで、向こうに光が芋えたした。

その運転手の独り蚀はよくわからなかったのですが、
右の方から、男の人が歩いおきお、
凄く怖かったです・・・。
その瞬間、あたりが光、車に衝撃がありたした。

運転手は消えおいたした。

その男性は、私に「なんでここにいる!ここにいおはダメだ!
今の運転手は、消した、今のうちに逃げるんだ! 」
すごく慌おた雰囲気でした。

その男性は、車から私をおろし、光の方ぞ歩けず、蚀われたした。
もう正盎、なにがなんだかわからなくお、泣きながら走りたした。

たぶしくなったずたん、目をあけるず、最寄り駅の前で
䞡芪が車から私を呌んでいたした。

そのずきそこは幎の月でした。
間の幎間は消えおいたした。 䞡芪もなにごずもなかったかのように
私を連れお垰りたした。 みんなありがずう・・・。
おかげで戻れたした;;

皆さんもお気を぀けお^^

はすみ
leafboi said…
Wow! This is a great story! I hope Hasumi makes it back, but judging from how typical stories like these goes, she doesn't stand a chance :(

Thanks for translating it Saya-san ^^ I look forward to more posts from you. Haha.
æžš said…
Here is a translation of what ayakashi posted. I'm sure Saya could do better but here's my translation for what it's worth.


Um, you might not believe me but after the passing of 7 years, I have now returned to the normal world.

A lot of things happened after I came back.
I was unable to reply but

because someone looked after me,

after that, the driver stopped the car.
In the middle of the dark forest, in the distance I was able to see light.

I didn’t really understand the driver’s words, but
from the right a man came walking.
I was very scary….
In that instant, my surroundings filled with light and something collided with the car.

The driver was gone.

The man said to me, “Why are you here! You can’t be here! Escape while the driver is still gone!”
The mood was one of confusion.

That man took me off the car and I was told to walk in the direction of the light.
To be honest, I didn’t know what was happening, and while crying I ran.

As soon as it became bright, I opened my eyes, and there in front of Moyori Station my parents were calling my name from the car.

That was in April of 2011.
The seven years in between have disappeared. My parents acted like nothing had happened and took me home. Thank you everyone ….
Thanks to everyone I was able to come back; ;

Be careful everyone^^

Hasumi
♡Princess♡ said…
wow.
Is that real? If it is I am glad Hasumi came back - I was worried she had been spirited away.
Thank you for translating it æžš!
@æžš: 楜しんでくれお、良かったです^^
きさらぎ駅のこずに぀いおは、もう少し曞こうかなず思っおいたす。ちょっず今日や明日は忙しいので、すぐには無理ですが。
「逝く」は普段は䜿わない、特別な蚀葉です。ただ、ちゃんでは良く䜿われおいたす。^^
コメントありがずう!

@Anon: I'm not sure if it's real or not. It sounds realistic, though!

@Princess: I'm not sure if she survived! Yes, it could have been a spirit train or something!
All the links to the posts in the storeroom are shown on this blog. You won't find anything new in there, darling!

@Mimi: Good!I quite like it too :D

@Luna: Yes it it rather sad. Thank you for reading!

@caramichi: may be. We'll never know!

@Marvic Sajonia: I found out later there is a station called Hina, and it's near Mount Fuji. It's in Shizuoka but quite far away from Hama Matsu (which is the place Hasumi thought she was in). I think I might start a new article to write about all the things I found out about Kisaragi station.

@ayakashi: don't apologize at all! Your own experience is fascinating. I'm glad this kind of thing never happened to me!

I wondered about that too. I haven't found out out the details pertaining to these fake posts. If I come across more info I'll let you know.

I've just made a quick search about the post you refer to as being posted by Hasumi, and I discovered it was originally posted as a comment at a private blog which is displaying the Kisragi station story. The writing style is slightly different, and I suspect it's done by a different person, but you never know! Thank you for that info, I think I might translate it in English as well.

But your Japanese must be very good that you understand what's written in there. You make me ashamed of my dodgy English! lol

@leafboi: I'm glad you enjoyed reading it, dear.

I'm not a native English speaker, and I always get worried if I'm doing the translating job properly. I have to be make sure the translation is natural sounding but at the same time more or less faithful to the original text... Well, well, as many people seemed to be enjoying these stories without a lot of problems, I must assume I'm doing OK.

Thank you dear! :)
@æžš oh thank you Nigisa. Great job!
ayakashi said…
@Saya
I've had a few other passive inexplicables here and there but I got a really uncomfortable vibe from this train. It was weird that the train was so old though; not many left.

I tried to find the original thread but all I found were copies that just end at "I'm going to try to escape" and then and with "HASUMI WAS NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN". I did hear about someone claiming they had also found their way to Kisaragi and they had tweeted photos...but another blogger did some research and discovered the photos were from someone else's twitter and that they appeared to be crappy photos of an unidentified Kansai station and nothing more.

Faa, you give me too much credit. I'm still learning Japanese myself. I'm pretty good with grammar but my vocabulary memorisation skills are just horrendous. I just picked out some key phrases like 幎立った、今、普通の䞖界に戻れたした and 垰った and inferred they claimed to have returned. I didn't understand too much outside of that without looking up some words ^^;

Something about the story doesn't add up anyway. First of all, Moyori station (Is that really the proper name??) doesn't seem to be a real place? So I think the translation should be nearest. But Hina was the nearest station to Kisaragi so why not call it by name? Second, her parents acted like nothing happened after having apparently leaped 7 years forward without ageing and being missing? That doesn't add up at all. Third, why does she thank everybody for making her return possible? They didn't do anything. And fourth, it seems to be written in a style that connotes some sort of difficult return and that she felt the passage of time, but the story seems to imply that suddenly it went from 2004 to 2011, yet there seems to be very little reaction to this from the author either. Why?

I'm calling this one a fake, unfortunately. If 2ch user Hasumi really did disappear she's long gone by now.

Luna said…
Hey Saya, this story actually reminds me of another ghost comic I saw online the other time called Ok-su Station (with all the forum postings and people replying):
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=30&weekday=tue

Here's another ghost comic: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=tue

Hope you enjoy that as much as I do, hah. I have to say it's one of the most spooky stuffs I have read/seen.
Jodie said…
I...I had chills and tingles running up and down my spine throughout the story, and they haven't stopped yet. This was a great read, Saya! Thank you so much for translating this intriguing and mysterious thread(?)!

The mention of the non-existent Kisaragi station (which can also be pronounced as 'oni' OMG) and Hina, a non-existent place completely freaked me out. Wahhh. I feel the shivers. :(

It may not be a true story, but it is still a very thrilling read! ^^
ryuu said…
weird.. feels like i dreamt of this story a few years ago actually in some of the stories posted i get this feeling like i dreamt of it. maybe i watched a movie with the same theme as the story but this one i'm not sure if a movie was based on it.haha.. weird-ed out O_o
ryuu said…
@SAYA - whoa..did you change the blog title i meant the one seen at a tab from SAYA IN UNDERWORLD to FUN in UNDERWORLD a while ago????
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
nid said…
ah you never disappoint me saya-san!, really I've just finished reading the second part now at 0.14 here,it's really makes my heart beat so fast. It's time to go to sleep now :D
Hikage said…
This is creepy! I'm glad we don't have subways here, I've always found these eerie!
Dest said…
I feel sorry for Hasumi. I believe the technology is still usable in the borderline decommission, because as some believe, there are many different time space continuums, so as I'm typing I could be making a BLT, or even eating it or dancing. I think she's taped in a rift between the 2 maybe, but where she doesn't exist (anymore?)? (could also be like the anime 11 eyes)

@ ayakashi:
your lucky your learning jap! (hopefully I will take some classes in 2ish semesters, if I can fit it in)
I used to live in Long Island, and I didn't take the train much, but my father did every day (well mon-fri) for work. I'll have to ask him if he's ever had any strange experience. He might not have, or maybe he felt something prevent him from going on (idk yet, have to ask) I know his parents watch over him, as stated I sometimes feel they are around during X mas. I know as a FACT go with that gut feeling, and if you feel "funny" in neg. way don't go! Personal experience helped with that
Also I post long comments as well, better to try to get it all out in one go in my opinion, also where you can keep track of it ^^
I also talk too much in person so yeah..^^:


After reading this I wanted to cry and morn for her, I had to put my grandfathers necklace on as well. I feel safe with that on or my grandmothers. I know they cherished these so it gives me scene of security.

I also wish you luck in NY ayakashi, and trains at night are scary! I also would get lost on them because I never rode them when I was little, maybe once in a blue moon. How long have you lived in NY? Or/ both NYC?
OMG so many messages!
I'm so tired today but I want to try replying to each of your message...

@ayakashi: I'm just glad you didn't disappear like Hasumi :D

Yes, those 2chan threads alwaysget deleted after a certain period of time, otherwise 2chan would get too cluttered!

Since Kisaragi Station, a bunch of similar stories cropped up, which sound like poor imitations of the original. This whole station-in-anotherworld has become one set of mythology in itself.

Oh you're certainly doing really well with your study of Japanese! Don't be modest! :D

Btw I'm aware in this story Hasumi's grammar goes all awry towards the end, but that's deliberate. I wanted to make it sound like she wrote it in a hurry.. but I'm not sure if I've been successful in conveying that idea (I've probably failed). I just wanted to mention this to you all, to save myself from unnecessary embrassment LOL.

Actually Hasumi's story itself sometimes doesn't quite add up. Like she says she got on the 11:40 train but when she first posted it was already 11:16. But rather than taking it as a proof of it being fake, I find it adds to the creepiness of the story.

That's right, "最寄駅Moyori eki" actually means "the nearest station".

You're quite right in everything you say. Other explanation could be that Hasumi's mind is all messed up after the other world for seven years and when she writes she goes all illogical and incoherent. I don't know. But in truth I too think this post was faked :)

Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm quite tired tonight...


@Luna: I shall read it with much pleasure, dear. It sounds very good! Thank you dear! :D

@JoDIE: Yes this is a thread that was once posted in 2 channel (the famous Japanese textboard).
I found out later that there's a station called Hina, but it is quite far away from Shin Ham Matu station where Hasumi originally caught her train.

Very glad you liked the story! :D

@ryuu: my, is that true? I don't know whether there's been a movie based on the story, but there might be!

Fun in Underworld?? What?? Were you dreaming again?? XD
If I ever make another blog I'll give it that name! lol

@nid: I hope you could sleep OK last night, dear! ;)

@Hikage: I'm not fond of subways too, dear. Last year when the earthquake hit us so many people got trapped inside subways. That was a nightmare come true, I tell you.

@Dest: Please, don't talk to me about Physics! I'm terrible at sciences! It gives me a headache LOL.

That's so true about following your gut feeling...

Oh I'm sorry I made you feel sad, dear. But it's lovely that you have such a deep love for your grandparents, and that you have a keepsake like that which you cherish.

Just thinking about NY scares me. lol Maybe I've watched too many episodes of CSI XD
@Luna: I've just read the comic you've posted the link to. It was great, really enjoyed it! Thanks! :D
ryuu said…
@SAYA - you really didn't change it? weird, it happened around the time i posted that comment then i refreshed the page and it became SAYA IN UNDERWORLD again.i wonder...O_O XD
@ryuu: you've had a trip to a different world, where there is a different Saya doing a blog just like this one.... I'M GLAD YOU HAVE COME BACK! lol
ayakashi said…
@Dest
Ah, so you have had a personal experience as well?
What do you mean by borderline decomm?
Ah, well it's more, I post a comment...can't stop thinking about it and look into it, and then share more information. I multi elsewhere and it annoys people, so I do apologise! As my lovely Jp-eng dictionary says in the examples:
「ムルチしないで、アホ。」

I've lived here since early August. I've never had trouble navigating the subways before though. I've always been good at navigating mazes like that.

@SAYA
If I remember, the most famous impostor story, 「二人目の目撃者出珟!?」 mentions that time moved differently; his time seemed to be 45 minutes (??? I don't recall.) off from the timestamps showing up on his twitter. So perhaps that lie there was inspired by the Getting on the 11:40 at 11:20. Plus, it just says "I think I caught it", which means in her panic she could have remembered wrong.

Oh and I knew the typos were simulated based on typos! vghime, another 2ch translator does it all the time, so I'm used to seeing 2ch translations with typos in them. It's not consistent with the rest of the quality of your translation work for there to be so many unintentional typos anyway!

Come to think of it, how did Impostor Hasumi know that she was at the nearest station to Kisaragi anyway. It was out in the middle of nowhere and she couldn't pinpoint it using i-map nor were there any signs for the previous/following stations, so even if she WAS at the nearest station, she wouldn't have any way of knowing so.

Ah, well it's not too bad. You just don't walk around late at night and you only use avenues when it gets dark. And you never take the subway to South Brooklyn or above 99th street because that's when punks get on the trains and mug you. I stay downtown anyway, below 33rd street.
Dest said…
@ Saya:
sorry Saya, didn't mean to give you a headache >< I don't put too much thought into it because I get headaches from over thinking thins. I just thought that could explain the technology.

I do not watch CSI, but NY isn't as bad, just keep $20.00 in your wallet, and keep it in safe space you'll be okay. My dad called the $20.00 "mugger money," this way it's enough to satisfy the mugger, and small enough where it won't effect you so badly. Also be careful of fake homeless people, they will ct homeless and make a living ff your scrap change.
@ ayakashi:
Borderline demession: like how purgatory is the cross between heven and hell, it's not bad or good. It's kinda like that. If you saw the movie "Silent Hill" you'd be able to get a visual of what I'm trying to convey.

THIS IS A SPOILER!!!!

In the end when the wife a daughter return home they are in the house, able to open the door, but the husband can't see them, and they can't see him.
hears a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05jfM7kfidI

they also explain in the comments (top 2)

(comment 1)

Can you guys help me? I don't really get the end of the movie...why can't they see each other? Maybe i just didn't get part of the movie, but I thought everything was fine? Why- I mean...huh? I m so confused...Help would really be appreciated.

DiscoverUrFace 4 years ago 10


(reply, comment 2)
They can't see each other because they are in 2 different dimensions, two different worlds ;)

Sean is in the "real world" and his wife and daughter in the world of spirits, the world of "silent hill"

VonApplestrudel in reply to DiscoverUrFace 4 years ago 20


Sorry Saya, I'm posting more about it, only to explain. I'll try not to, but it's the way my brain makes scene of it.

Back to ayakashi:
hmm then your not like my bro or uncle, who can get lost in a paper bag =.=
Also just asked my father, these are the only experiences he had. Nothing like yours though.

1. he was on the Long Island rail road and he was on for awhile and the set next to him would be warm (and since he was by that set for a singifnt amount of time the heat should have gone away, but it stayed like someone was there. I asked to be sure it wasn't as if someone had gone on and off recently)

2. There were delays while he was on the train and they'd stop at an abandoned station, one that they do not use anymore. Well the doors never opened, but he saw someone get off.

IDK how to explain thous other than maybe it was the discharge of electricity for the second one. because aura is believed to be an electromagnetic field around a person, so he was "sensing" the change in the field?

He thinks the train you got on could have been a ghost train. But I gave him a quick explanation of your story.
I'm just glad your safe :)
@ayakashi: I'm so glad you asked that question to Dest, because I also have no idea what this "borderline decommission" is but I was afraid to ask because I thought I was the only one who didn't know it LOL.

Dest's comment "the technology is still usable in the borderline decommission, because as some believe, there are many different time space continuums etc.." I sort of guessed she was talking about parallel worlds? But I wasn't sure.

Oh so there are other 2ch translators too? Thats cool!
I'm always rather embarassed about showing my translations(*^^*). It's great chatting to you guys because I get to learn new words and new ways of saying things!

It's also soooo interesting to hear stories about the places you guys live!
South Brooklyn! The only thing I know in US that has "south" to its name is "South Park."lol
I have an auntie living in New York and if I ever go visit her I'll remember your words, dear! Thanks!
@Dest: Don't be sorry, my girl, you've done nothing wrong! :)
You didn't give me a headache really, I'm a tough woman! lol

Another great NY survival guide! I'll remember about carrying 20 bucks! Fake homeless people are awful! THEY SHOULD BURN IN HELL! (not really, I'm joking XD)

I love the Silent Hill movie! I really want to see the new one!
ryuu said…
@SAYA - i must have been chosen by steins;gate to see your blog in a parallel dimension and was brought back when i pressed the refresh button or am i really back? XD
Hasumi said…
oh god. i have the same online name as her. i hope i wont be spirited away. haha well i guess hasumi is just another common name in japan, is that correct?

there's so many spirited away case, and they are never as lovely as in the studio ghibli's movie. :D

@dest : btw, i've seen silent hill, and that movie thrilled me out. but i didn't really understand what the creature was exactly. :s sometimes i just have no idea how to interpret some horror movie. say, don't be afraid of the dark, don't really get the ending as well. oh, shame on me X(
Unknown said…
That was just eerie. Poor Hasumi, never heard from again... I'm not sure if that last post here is from her. If it is, it makes no sense. Perhaps she got stuck on a dead train? There are some here, so no reason they won't be in Japan too! Oh, what are your theories about the Isanuki tunnel? I am very interested to hear them!
@Hasumi: The name "Hasumi" isn't all that common. At least when I was linving in Japan I never met someone called Hasumi in person. But maybe the name is becoming more popular in recent years. idk.

@Tani: so you have some ghost trains haunting your country? :D
Anonymous said…
I don't think the post ayakashi found is real. The chat log with Hasumi asking for help looks like it was 04/01/09 so it hasn't even been seven years
Anonymous said…
this is my favorite story you've posted in a long time. it is so scary!! i love it!

it's okay to post links to your stories on our blogs, right? as long as we don't copy them.
@Anon (14 June): Links are fine, dear. Thank you for asking and being supportive.

There are others on the net who translated this story (but in a different way from me, of course), so you might want to try asking them if you want to copy the whole thing.
kei said…
Oh this is so creepy I just moved to Japan this year and I also rode on the wrong train (I live in hokkaido) and i didn't know where I was coz usually it just takes 20 min for me to get to my station but when I looked up from my phone (was reading an ebook) I didn't recognize the stations so I just got off at the next station but it wasn't a major station so I had to wait quite a while to get back to sapporo and this was a time I didn't have a phone yet so it was pretty creepy being stuck at a deserted station....
Unknown said…
Saya-chii hello~ , I really love love love your blog Hontoni Suki dayo! This story is my fave >w< but I'd like to ask a favour of you Saya-chii , I'm the founder of a horror visual novels making team We decided to take this story as our first game don't worry you'll take full credit for it and we won't post it as it is we'll add some changes such as Character interaction and Endings and such ;w; ... but the true favour is .. you know your stories are very very amazing! And so spooky Kowai~ xD So could we like collaborate ;w;...I mean you post scary stories we make scary games out of them ne~ please think this through and give me your response Saya-chii and remember that you'll take full credit for it ^^ Have a very nice day <33
@kei: You live in Hokkaido? Sounds wonderful! It must be nice there in summer because the weather is cooler! When you have a chance you should go see those icebergs in the sea, dear. I've only seen it on telly but it must be a sight to behold!

It's scary to take a wrong train and arrive at a strange, deserted station. I'm glad you managed to get back on the right train to go home!


@RainbowHana Han: Sorry it's been more a month since you posted this message and I didn't get back to you sooner. How's your game coming along? Let me know if there's anything I can do for you! I am interested. :D
Anonymous said…
HASUMI. (TT___TT)
Real or not this story makes me emotional somehow T_T i think it's the first time i feel so sad reading your post, Saya