Mad About McDonald's

My dad was mad about McDonald's and he couldn't live without having something from McDonald's at least once a day. It was good for him, but not for the rest of the family who had to put up with him. We gradually started to avoid eating at McDonald's with him, and he showed obvious displeasure at our lack of enthusiasm.
- Why don't you come? Don't you want to eat with me?
- No, Dad, we just don't want to eat at McDonald's.
All of us (me, mum and sister) told him loud and clear. He spent the whole day looking depressed, but he was unrepentant.

On one Sunday Night, after finishing preparing for school, I turned off the light in the bedroom. My little sister was already fast asleep on the top of the bunk bed. I quietly slid into the bottom bunk so as not to disturb my sister, and closed my eyes.
Sometime later I heard the door of our bedroom open. I opened my eyes a crack to see who came in, and saw Ronald McDonald standing there. Ronald seemed unaware that I was awake, and walked stealthily to our bed. From what I saw through my half-closed eyes and the noise being made, I could sense he was trying to wake up my sister.
"Gooood Niiiiiiiiiiight! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!"
I heard Ronald's joyful laugh, followed by my sister's piercing scream, and the violent shaking of the bed.
Something shot out of the top bunk and hit the desk below; the desk tumbled over, and the stationery goods scattered all over the floor.

"What are you doing there?"
From the doorway I heard my mum cry out in alarm.
Ronald turned on the light.
At that moment I realized for the first time that the person impersonating as Ronald was my dad.
Behind my dad, from underneath the desk that had turned over I saw a bit of my sister's pink pyjamas peeping out, around which a pool of blood was forming.
The ambulance came. The paramedics looked at my dad with astonishment. My dad, in his excitement, punched one of them in the face.
"You stay at home!"
My mum shouted, but my dad pushed her away and got into the ambulance with my sister. Our neighbours just watched us, dumbfounded.
I was left alone in the messed-up bedroom.
My dad told me and my mum later that he did it to make us like McDonald's more.



My little sister lay on the bed. She opened her eyes wide, clenched her teeth, and waved her arms and legs uncontrollably.
"nnnnmph, nnnnmmmm, nnnhmmmmn," groaned my sister under the bedcover, who had damaged both her head and spine in her fall.
"Daaaaghhhdyyyyyyy."
My sister, who had been so sweet and pretty before, had changed into a different creature in just half a year.
My mum cried. I said nothing. My dad munched on a Big Mac.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello,

I've always liked Ronald McDonald but I still found something kind of creepy about him, I just never was able to figure out what it was. I'd probably be pretty scared if someone dressed up as him entered my room and walked up to my bed and I'd most likely not be able to stay still and quiet.

But thinking about that is not what scares me about this story. What scares me is idea that something like this could actually happen in real life. Some people are vulnerable to the mental side-effects of addictions and could become dangerous to others or themselves if not helped.

I think everybody has their own addiction though and it's important they do a physical and mental health check on themselves every now and then.

Anyway, the ending was very sad. I have a pretty sick sense of humor and even I couldn't laugh at the final line after reading about the poor girl...
Anonymous said…
That was shocking! Me too, I always found something was creepy about Ronald, about clowns in general. I sometimes run past a McDonald's when I go jogging...I'll see it with a different point of view from now on...
Anonymous said…
I hate McDonalds... I don't think I've eaten there in years. This is a sick story! That father is mentally ill. And yes, Ronald McDonald is creepy.
Anonymous said…
I'd be putting arsenic in his Big Mac to get back at him. >> <<
Hi everyone!!

enzd - I too got scared thinking this could happen to anyone! I once watched on the news about a man who was playing with his little girl, and he held her both hands and swung her body around, and the girl hit her head against furniture, and became handicapped for life.

debbie - yep, this is one of the most shocking stories I've come across so far! I hope it wasn't too traumatic for you, debbie!

Bryan - Ronald is creepy and looks rather evil too!!!!You hate McDonald's? I think you are being very good to your body!

KingProgdor - it's rather nice to have a king like you among us!I bet even if you put arsenic in his burger and he became mental and all, he wouldn't stop loving McDonald's!
Anonymous said…
Actually, I have always been afraid of clowns especially tat stupid Ronald McD.Tat stupid father...go nuts d 1...
Anonymous said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GLGVfal1sk
Anonymous said…
I like big macs and fish burgers fr McD But I don't like Ronald at all.
Anonymous said…
Man, some people....some people....
Poor little girl! i'll never eat Chicken Nuggets the same way....O__O
Anonymous said…
...That was creepy. Now, I would imagine Ronald popping his stupid smiling head inside my room and screaming, "I'm LOVIN IT!'
Anonymous said…
Is this for real? Because I do not like Ronald McDonald. I'd freak if he came near me.
Shan. said…
Oh my god, is this story true?
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Funny, because that's what it looks like to me.
EmoKittie999 said…
Pshaw. I'd be in heaven if I had a dad who got me McDonalds every day.

Of course, the whole "attempted murder on my sister" thing would put a damper on it, but, well...

Yeah.
STACK said…
This story was kinda funny especially the ending with the dad still eating Mcdonalds lol, although messed up if the story is true.
Natalie said…
That is so screwed up!

I was pretty creeped out as I was reading it but I almost laughed at the last sentence.. :D
Anonymous said…
And yet there are people who can't understand why some folks suffer from Coulrophobia...

Yes, you want the balloon. You want it. YOU WANT IT!!!!
BygPhattyPlus said…
And that's what happens when you eat McDonald's too much. Wendy's would never do that to you!
Anonymous said…
The ending gives me a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Thank you for the wonderfully terrifying story, Saya!
Miharu said…
Saya-sensei... Th-that was.... Ve-very... Creepy... Well... I love horror stories... I always see some creepypastas before sleep... In all the darkness... But... I won't do it again TwT I hate ronald McDonald TwT... He is a bloodthirsty oni...
Anonymous said…
Whenever i read this story, i wanna punch the dad.